OWNER'S BIOGRAPHY - WORK EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
MILANíS EURO-FASHIONS, Kitchener, Ontario
From 1998 to present, Owner and Consultant in Apparel and Pattern Design.
Activities for various customers:
- Designed patterns for various styles of Menís and Ladies clothing - dress /
sport / casual / sleeping shirts, golf shirts, dresses, jackets etc.
- Custom made clothing
- Designed garments and the respective specification sheets
- Quality & Engineering Production projects - resulted in the significant cost
- As of 2001 equipped with the CAD Gerber Technology System with AccuMark and
PDS 2000 Expert Edition software package
TIGER BRAND KNITTING COMPANY, Cambridge, Ontario
From 1996 to 1998 worked as a Senior Pattern Maker-Team Leader using Gerber system
with the following responsibilities and activities:
- Mentored three junior Pattern Makers.
- Performed pattern design and grading for the Tiger Brand Non-Fiction lines and
- Authored the book of ďStandardized SpecsĒ for the Tiger Brand Non-Fiction lines.
- Created a number of basic pattern blocks (using the above Book as a reference)
for Men, Ladies and Children in close fit, regular and over size fits. These pattern
blocks were used by Pattern Makers in order to increase efficiency and improve
- Participated in garment fitting and approval decisions.
- Interacted with and coordinated the activities of the QA, engineering and
JOHN FORSYTH SHIRT COMPANY, Cambridge, Ontario
From 1989 to 1992 worked as an Industrial Engineer. Responsibilities and initiatives
- Performed facility planning-floor plan design.
- Performed motion and time studies in order to set up production standards.
- Developed and implemented saving program (reducing production time of shirts,
improving method of operations,introducing new equipment) which resulted in the
significant financial saving.
From 1992 to 1996 I continued work in John Forsyth Company, as Product Development
Coordinator with the Lectra and the Gerber systems. Responsibilities and initiatives
- Pattern design, grading and product development.
- Liaison between Marketing and Manufacturing and coordinated all sample request
from various marketing representatives.
- Coordinated garment costing and made recommendations for improvements with regards
to the cost, quality, fit, appearance, etc.
- Development/Maintenance of Garment Specification Sheets.
HIGH TEXTILE & APPAREL SCHOOL (College) in Belgrade, Yugoslavia
In 1975, I was promoted to Professor and Engineering Consultant at High Textile & Apparel
School (College) in Belgrade. Activities:
- Taught students both theoretical and practical skills necessary to perform:
Technical Design, Pattern Design, Grading and Marking for menís, womenís and
- Published a great number of professional articles in the Technical Design,
Pattern Design field in the Professional Magazine ("Textile Industry"). Also
with a group of authors, I have written a book, entitled "Fundamentals of
- Consulted and completed specific pre-production projects for clothing
companies, which involved: pattern design, grading, marking and technical
documentation for the new product development.
- Organized and held seminars in Product Development / Pre-production /
Pattern Design fields for the apparel company employees across the provinces.
TEXTILE & APPAREL SCHOOL CENTER, Belgrade, Yugoslavia
As a 26 years old I have completed the High Textile School (College) in Belgrade,
received the diploma of a Textile Engineer and got a teaching position in the
Textile & Apparel School Center in Belgrade. I have thought courses in
the area of Textile Technology. After, I have finished the Faculty of Technology,
Textile Department (a five year program) and received the Graduate
Engineer-Technologist diploma. Upon which I was promoted to the position
of a General Manager of Practical Classes. Subsequently, I became a Director
for Technical Education (in Textile & Apparel School Center). My responsibility
was to organize and manage programs where students gained experience in production of
textile and apparel. This also involved coordinating theoretical and practical
work of 65 engineers and instructors with 1300 students and establishing connection
with textile and apparel companies/industry.
FAMILY TAILORING BUSINESS
As a young boy I have joined my siblings in learning the tailoring skills at our Fatherís
family business. We used to do the custom made clothing and later produced clothes for
marketing purposes. During that time, I have finished the secondary and post secondary
tailoring education and received the diploma of a High Qualified Tailor.
Milan Necakov, President and Owner of Milanís Euro-Fashions